Old September 10th 04, 04:10 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Ash Wyllie wrote:

...BUT CAN YOU AFFORD IT?...
Gregory Sterling, general manager at AOPA Insurance Agency, told AVweb
yesterday that most Sport Pilots will be able to obtain coverage on
Light Sport Aircraft through his agency, as well. "Most underwriters
have indicated that they will offer limits up to $1 million, limited
to $100,000 per passenger on liability, and hull values commensurate
with the current market value of the aircraft," he wrote in an e-mail.
"As the underwriters have not yet seen many of these come through yet,
we don't have much specific information on rates." Mackey, at Falcon,
said he would hazard a guess that to insure a $50,000 Light Sport
Aircraft would cost $2800 to $3400 a year, for hull coverage and
liability, but there are many factors that could affect that bottom
line -- such as the pilot's experience, the type of aircraft and the
airport where it is based.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#188091

which is a lot more than I am paying on my 172 right now. Something odd ois
happening here.

Agreed. I have a taildragger insured at $60,000 hull, one mill with 100k/passenger
limits. In other words, the same policy described here with higher hull values. My
last insurance bill was $1,800.

George Patterson
If you want to know God's opinion of money, just look at the people
he gives it to.