Old May 22nd 20, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Not Gliding, But Flying, Sorta....

On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 2:04:12 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
I'm in the country south of Blum, TX where I've just completed my new
gyro plane kit.Â* Unfortunately, the as delivered brake master cylinder
was faulty, so I've had to tie the aircraft down for engine run tests.Â*
Otherwise, everything worked perfectly except for a very small coolant
leak which was fixed by tightening a clamp.

I just got back from a custom motorcycle shop where I found a
replacement o-ring for the brake cylinder and hope to get the brakes
working today.Â* Failing that, I'm waiting for shipping from Poland for a
warranty replacement.

As soon as I get the brakes working, I can try spinning up the rotor
system and then taxi around until I'm satisfied that the engine
installation is airworthy.Â* I'll then schedule an airworthiness
inspection which I understand takes at least 2 1/5 weeks to get a DAR on
site.Â* The FAA is still on lock down orders.Â* So, I'll probably head
home within the next couple of days until the inspection can be scheduled..

Maybe I'll fly my glider when I get home.Â* There.Â* Now it's soaring
related. :-D
--
Dan, 5J

OBTW, my N-number ends in 5J, just like on my Stemme.

Cool. Let us know how you like when it is up and spinning.