View Single Post
Old May 22nd 20, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default File from PowerMouse - IGC?

On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 3:17:50 PM UTC-4, Dave Springford wrote:
Does anyone have an IGC file from an IGC approved PowerMouse?

I am seeking approval for the non-IGC version as a Position Recorder from our NAC. My club put them in our K-21B's where they will do the occasional 5 hr and 1000 m height gain silver badge legs.

I am trying to ascertain how to identify from the IGC file whether an individual PowerMouse has the IGC upgrade or not.

So, if someone has an IGC approved PowerMouse, can you please either email an IGC file to me, or reply here with a link to where the file has been uploaded (OLC, dropbox,etc)

TIA,

Dave

dave "at" foxonecorp "dot" com

Hi Dave. From the IGC approval document (at http://www.ukiws.demon.co.uk/GFAC/ then select the IGC approvals link ):

"2. FIRMWARE. The internal firmware is a Flarm module that provides the GPS recorder function, creation of IGC files, after-flight validation of IGC file integrity using IGC Shell or related programs (see para 3.1), and other Flarm
features (see para 1.7.1). This approval is for Flarm firmware version 6.5 or later. Earlier firmware versions are not IGC approved and apply to units made before IGC-approval. The firmware version is listed in the header record of IGC files in the form:"HFRFWFirmwareVersion:FLARM6.51". This can be seen by using a text editor to view the start of the IGC file."