Old May 22nd 20, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_6_]

Default File from PowerMouse - IGC?

At 19:17 22 May 2020, Dave Springford wrote:
Does anyone have an IGC file from an IGC approved PowerMouse?

I am seeking approval for the non-IGC version as a Position Recorder from
our NAC. My club put them in our K-21B's where they will do the

occasional
5 hr and 1000 m height gain silver badge legs.

I am trying to ascertain how to identify from the IGC file whether an
individual PowerMouse has the IGC upgrade or not.

So, if someone has an IGC approved PowerMouse, can you please either

email
an IGC file to me, or reply here with a link to where the file has been
uploaded (OLC, dropbox,etc)

TIA,

Dave

dave "at" foxonecorp "dot" com

If you open the IGC file with a text editor (I use Wordpad) and examine the
first record, that will tell you if it is approved.

The first character will always be "A".
If the next character is "X" then it is not an approved model.
Otherwise the next three characters will be "FLA", for example:
AFLAxxx
where xxx is the serial number.

Or download http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/softwa...i_approved.exe and use
that.