Old May 23rd 20, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

Default Solo 2350 Un-Pickle procedure

On Fri, 22 May 2020 18:32:39 -0700 (PDT), "Jonathan St. Cloud"
wrote:

I was looking through the aircraft Maintenance manual and the solo 2350 engine manual,
both have the same procedure for long term storage (over 2 months). Neither has the
"un-pickle" procedure. Was looking for guidance from those knowledgable.
Thank you in advance,
Jon

I can tell you what I do. 20 years flying a Ventus cT turbo with the
2350 engine.

Flying in N Texas, I remove the engine every fall and reinstall every
spring (6 months in - 6 months out).

1. I remove and clean the decompression valves.
2. I remove and clean the spark plugs.
3. I replace the lower portion of the fuel line that runs from the
impulse fuel pump up to the line tee. It always hardens over the 6
months of summer operation.
4. Following re-installation, I lube the prop.

No issues in 20 years of this process. I used to put in new plugs
every year and drain and use new gas (100LL), but don't bother now.

1-2 hours to remove, 3-4 hours to reinstall. Engine only, lift
mechanism left in place.

Bob