Old April 29th 05, 05:13 PM

Newps wrote:
Thought you guys might like to see what the people from JPI are

telling
the Cessnq Pilots assoc board.

snip

Those are really amusing. It seems that since I decided to buy the
EI unit, I was somehow "influenced" by EI and APS (whoever they are),
and have fallen victim to their competitors hype. In fact, the only
manufacturer that I contacted before making my decision was JPI. It
was their "influence" that drove my purchase decision. What a maroon!

The JPI folks seem to be a bit paranoid on this issue. Their
decision to lock the customer into a single software option was, well,
their decision. Now they're trying to make it sound like some sort of
conspiracy against JPI. Sounds like they've hired a former utralight
magazine publisher to do their PR :-)

Bottom line is that JPI locks you into JPI's EZplot software and EI
does not. That's it. If you're happy and confident that EZplot will
(as JPI arrogantly claims) do anything that any other software product
can do, then there's no problem. Personally, I don't buy it (pun
intended). They can make excuses all day long, but the bottom line
stands. That they have the nerve to offer to convert your data to a
reasonable format for $5 is just an additional slap in the face to the
customer.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)