Old December 11th 07, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stan Prevost[_1_]

Default Night currency question

One of the issues with night flight is being able to maneuver on the surface
of an airport without getting lost and making runway incursions. It can be
a daunting task at a large field. I have always supposed that the FAA
wanted pilots to have some recency of experience in such night maneuvering,
and I have thus interpreted the requirement for full-stop landings to
exclude stop-and-go. I have assumed that they want us to exit the runway
and taxi back for departure. Assuming, of course, that there is a parallel
taxiway. If not, then backtaxi, being very aware of things.

Stan

"john" wrote in message
What is the reasoning behind the full stop landing?

thanks,

John