Old December 11th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

Default Night currency question

and on a 10,000ft runway.. you stop in the first 1000.. full stop.. and then
just go..
so much for the "ground operations"
BT

"Stan Prevost" wrote in message
One of the issues with night flight is being able to maneuver on the
surface of an airport without getting lost and making runway incursions.
It can be a daunting task at a large field. I have always supposed that
the FAA wanted pilots to have some recency of experience in such night
maneuvering, and I have thus interpreted the requirement for full-stop
landings to exclude stop-and-go. I have assumed that they want us to exit
the runway and taxi back for departure. Assuming, of course, that there
is a parallel taxiway. If not, then backtaxi, being very aware of things.

Stan

"john" wrote in message
What is the reasoning behind the full stop landing?

thanks,

John