Old August 24th 10, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian[_1_]

Default Flamed

On Aug 21, 7:46*am, Frank Whiteley wrote:
Not what you think;^)

Someone once described to me how quickly a 2-33 burned as he pulled it
out of a grass fire. *This 'crash' was in the online media, but one
significant item was left out of the article. *Read *on.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...01X51612&key=1

I am aware of the 2-33/grass fire incident you are talking about.
The description to me was from the time the fire started at the tail
of the plane he had enough time to open the canopy remove a seat
cushion and get away from the airplane. It burned very fast.

I lost a good winter vario in the glider.

Brian