Old November 29th 12, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FAI (IGC) rules for US Club Class Nationals - Petition

Scott,

Please read Hank's earlier post. He explains why the CC selection was limited in the past. The experiment is over and now anyone can qualify. DJ has not moved up to a CC aircraft, so he can not qualify.

Richard Walters

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:02:10 PM UTC-8, Scott Alexander wrote:
Can somebody explain why on earth our highest ranking pilots are barred from competition in the 2013 Argentina WGC??

Not sure what you mean by this......

John Cochrane

I understand the rules which prohibit a pilot like Doug Jacobs to

compete in WGC 2013 in Argentina. My question to all reading this

forum is why we're these rules created? What's the reason for this

rule to prohibit a pilot like Doug Jacobs to compete in a club class

world championship? Just curious of the history behind how this came

about.