Old May 8th 12, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don P

Default XCountry logging

On May 8, 11:32*am, Vaughn wrote:
On 5/7/2012 9:55 PM, Don P wrote: Sorry to beat this dead horse.... Here is my trip:
Leg1 : 49.3 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg2 : 59.0 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg3 : 36.2 NM .4 Hobbs

How much of this can legally be logged as Cross Country Time?

Probably all, perhaps none. *Read 61.1 (b)(3). *Possible catches: 1) Did
you land at any of those places? *Was at least one of your landings at
least 50 nm straight-line distance from your point of departure?

Vaughn

Hmm ..... I thought I already replied to this, but it isn't showing
up, so if it repeats, I apologize.

All the distances listed above were straight line distances. I flew
each of these to a full stop landing. Therefore, Leg 2 of 59 NM I
know for a fact can be logged xcountry, but I'm unsure of the rest.
Sorry for the confusion.