Old May 11th 10, 10:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dingo[_4_]

Default Ekranoplan Harrier

"Dave D" wrote in message

"Dingo" wrote in message

I wonder what the other kite is [arrowed]
~~
Dingo

It is another ekranoplan form. Named "Orlenok" I believe. They built
several including "Lun", "Spasatelx", and Orlenok. Three were actually put
into service but they weren't of the "Lun" class. Google ekranoplan -
there are quite a few sites with some good info on the Soviet's Wing In
Ground Effect planes....Some tech data also. There are a couple of good
ones in Russian, if you can read that....

DaveD

Many thanx, Dave D, I shall have to get Googling ;~)
~~
Dingo