Old August 24th 11, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Best PDA/PNA for FLARM display?

On Aug 24, 6:47*am, Frank Paynter wrote:

One possibility I am considering is to not use the brick's Butterfly
display at all, assuming I can get adequate display/warnings from
FLARM data displayed on one of the many PDA/PNA moving map displays
available these days.

Don't only consider the threat display capability. You also need the
audio alarms and the control functions some of which, I think, will
require the display of separate settings pages. Some alternate
display devices may support all the required functionality but it
seems unlikely that anyone would have been able to test that yet.

Andy