Old August 24th 11, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Best PDA/PNA for FLARM display?

PowerFLARM does not yet send out serial-port data on ADS-B traffic or PCAS alerts. That is under developed by FLARM. Third party vendors will have to add support for those Flarm enhancements.

There is a lot of detail to ask about when looking at different FLARM 3rd party software integration. What exact feature of FLARM and PowerFLARM (especially) does it support, e.g. does it support FLARMNET - the ability to tie glider information to an Flarm/ICAO ID etc. (and I'm not even sure if that will be used in the USA - I hope so).

Be very careful of any third party vendor who just says "we support Flarm" that is a pretty useless level of detail. You have to look in detail, often at the user manual to see exactly what is there and what works.

I am looking at SeeYou Mobile talking to a PowerFLARM in front of me at the moment. I see the Flarm rings but no Flarm equipped gliders flying nearby....

Darryl