Old June 11th 15, 09:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Does this exist-- program to generate speed-to-fly table?

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 13:32:08 -0700, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
wrote:

As I remind my 2 teenagers (which I supply cellphones for....), not
everyone has a "smartphone", thus some of the apps & programs people
mention have no relevance to me.
Glad they help out others though.

Alternative answer:

Get a satnav off eBay (Binatone B.350, Medion S.3747 or equivalent will
do nicely), plus a suction mount so you can attach it to the canopy.
Install XCSoar or LK8000 on the satnav and go fly a club glider.

The mechanical vario in the glider should have a McCready ring calibrated
for the aircraft (all our club gliders have these and IMHO so they should
at all other clubs) or you can use Block Speed theory.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK