Old November 19th 03, 05:06 AM
Roger Halstead

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:18:43 -0700, "Tom S."
wrote:

"Dylan Smith" wrote in message
In article , Tom S. wrote:
Cite? That's nuts, as nutty as teaching crash avoidance.

/me raises eyebrows.

I had lots of crash avoidance training when I learned to fly. Where did
you get instruction where it was considered nutty to teach crash
avoidance?

Read the entire context of the original post: The point is they stopped
teaching spin recovery and rather now just teach spin avoidance. That's

Yah, but at least they went back to teaching stalls in addition to
stall avoidance.:-))

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

teaching ONLY one facet. The analogy is teaching ONLY defensive driving and
not teaching how to recover from a skid. (Of course, that new favored police
citation "speed excessive for conditions" is a cover-all-occurrences and
it's meaningless.)

Recall the last line: "**** Happens".