Old May 3rd 04, 04:27 PM
jls

"Ernest Christley" wrote in message
. com...
[...]
On another note. DZUS fasteners are pretty old. Is the patent still in
effect. Patents only last 20yrs in most cases.

I kinda doubt the tools I made for installing Dzus buttons would be a cause
of action even if the patent were still alive. The tools for installing
the grummets and the receptacules are fairly simple. Futhahmoah, I doubt
the tools one would make to install camlocs or southco fasteners would
violate any patent unless you exactly copied THEIR tools. And even then
I'm still skeptickle. Geezus, Youseff et Maria, the silly little drill
jig for installing the camloc receptacles is priced at $475 in ACS. It's
practically the same thing as a drill jig for anchor nuts and I know goddamn
well those are not patented. Uncle Sam, do you have a patent on those?

If zoozes are not in the public domain I'm a monkey's uncle. Matter of
fact you can buy them at auto speed shops and they don't even call them
zoozes.

--
http://www.ernestisasweetie.org/
"Ignorance is mankinds normal state,