Old July 28th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_2_]

Default Trailer tire pressure remote monitoring systems

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:09:37 GMT-4, (Doug
Hoffman) wrote:

Eric Greenwell wrote:

Is anyone else using a trailer tire monitoring system? Has it
helped you
avoid tire problems?

Hi Eric.

Can't comment directly on trailers. But my wife's Dodge Caliber
came with sensors as standard. For the first time that I can
recall she has actually requested that I put air in her tire.
Prior to that she has been known to drive for days with almost
zero air pressure.

I think the new sensors are great, on any application.

They are, but it might be an expensive addition to a trailer. The tire
pressure warning system on cars works by comparing the rotational
speeds of all four wheels, and alarming when one wheel's speed is
substantially below the mean. Not too many customers would pay for
speed sensors on all four wheels just for this purpose -- but if your
car has antilock brakes it already has those sensors, and the tire
pressure logic is a trivial add-on.

rj