Old December 30th 16, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

Default My best of 2016

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 5:07:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I had a really good year in soaring with a number of great memories.
I think my favorite for this year was watching my friend Walter Cannon fly our 1-26, serial number 2 at the IVSM. It had been 61 years since he last flew that same glider.
Priceless.
Anybody else have a great 2016 memory?
Happy New Year to all my soaring friends
UH

i forgot a really good one!

Was on my honeymoon with my wife in hawaii. we met an older couple vacationing at the same resort. we did the standard where are you from routine, and it turns out that they are from Odessa Texas. i asked them if they ever heard of a glider pilot named Wally Scott, they said "Scott? SURE! we used to live right down the street!"

that was pretty damn cool.