Old March 28th 18, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Default First glider to buy 10-20k euro's

Op woensdag 28 maart 2018 13:59:53 UTC+2 schreef JS:
On Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 3:38:09 AM UTC-7, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 02:45:59 -0700, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:

Do you happen to have experience with the ASW19 and how they differ to
the Pegase?

I've never flown one, but the Peg, ASW-19 and ASW-20 cockpits are
identical for all practical purposes. If you like one, you'll like the
rest: if you look carefully under the Peg wing you can see where the
ASW-19/20 NACA duct for cockpit ventilation has been filled in. This
dates from when Centraire were building ASW-20s under license: the Peg
fuselage is a minimally modified ASW-20 one (slightly larger diam tail
boom, cockpit ventilation intake on the nose, some have a lifting panel.

What scares me about owning a
Pegase or Libelle is maintenance.

Not a Libelle problem. Glasfaser hold the type cert, and have done ever
since Glasflugel folded. They give excellent support. During this tear's
annuals we discovered damage the the rear u/c axle and a non-approved
(solid 20mm shaft) front u/c axle, ovbiously from a hard landing, but no
mention in the log book. Glasfaser airmailed replacement axles + bolts &
washers which arrived within a week.

Situation isn't so clear for the Peg.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

The Pegase cockpit has a panel that tilts up with the canopy, which the 19, 20A and early B did not have unless modified.
Jim

How does the canopy open on those models? Is it a tilted canopy to the side? As I am fairly short and can hardly reach the Pegase canopy when I'm strapped tight.