Old May 9th 05, 12:15 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Sun, 8 May 2005 15:10:34 -0700, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

"Mark S Conway" wrote in message
If I own the airplane, can give a renter a checkout...?
Not instruction... an aircraft checkout.....

What is a "checkout". Where in the regs is "checkout" mentioned.

If your INSURANCE requires a checkout, then look to the definitions or
policy to find out what they mean.

Back when I bought half-interest in a Stinson 108-3, the insurance company
wouldn't cover me with an instructor on board for a checkout...but they were
perfectly fine with me flying the plane WITHOUT a checkout.

I wasn't current, since I hadn't flown for 90 days. Hence they wouldn't allow
me to fly PIC with a passenger on board...and that's what they considered the
instructor to be, since I was legal to fly the Stinson solo.

Ron Wanttaja