Old August 20th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

Jim Logajan wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
You're right. We can't have aviation talk on this forum. Something will
have to be done :-))

That "personality change" is nothing more than the instilling in a
student of the proper habit patterns necessary to develop further into
an "attitude" about flying that will be conducive to the continuing
learning curve that must exist in a "pilot", but can be found to be
missing in an airplane "driver" as they say.
The development of this state of mind in a pilot is the direct
responsibility of the CFI and should be considered job one for the
instructor.

Ah - that makes sense. For a minute there I was afraid you were advocating
that my CFI should nag me to become a more caring person, worry about _her_
needs for once, that I should enjoy gardening, pay more attention to what
she is saying, and that sort of thing. ;-)

(Okay - I DO pay attention to what she is saying. I was just telling her
the other day right after we landed that she _doesn't_ nag me enough! She
said she doesn't nag once it is clear a student knows what they should be
doing. I'm quite the self-nagger.)

She sounds like she knows what she's doing.
I've noticed over time that there seems to be a virtual TON of female
CFI's out here today as opposed to my era. It's good to see the girls
doing the job.

--
Dudley Henriques