Old August 8th 03, 02:41 PM
Jim

I got my endorsement sometime in the late 80s and mine is one endorsement.
It was a ink stamp that the instructor had that called it a "High
Performance/Complex Airplane Endorsement". I did how ever do all my
training in a non high performance 200hp Piper Arrow.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

"Ace Pilot" wrote in message
om...
FAR 61.31 says that no endorsement is needed if you have logged PIC
time in that kind of aircraft (complex or high performance) prior to
August 4, 1997. Does anyone remember what the required endorsement(s)
was/were prior to this date? Were there 2 endorsements, or was there
only one covering complex and high performance aircraft?

More than once, I've wondered what the regs were prior to some change.
Does anyone know of a web site that allows you to look up what the
regs were on a certain date?