Old April 4th 05, 04:44 PM
nafod40

William W. Plummer wrote:
nafod40 wrote:

William W. Plummer wrote:

Bluetooth: a solution in search of a problem

So was the internet for a while.

Not at all. TCP, the original name for "TCP/IP" that we know today,
was designed to meet certain military needs but the bigger issue of how
to communicate through widely-disparate networks was _THE_ problem. You
can look up the IEEE Trans. on Communications paper by Kahn and Cerf.
1974 as I recall.

Yea, I guess I meant the Internet as in meaning the http protocol and
WWW, which took what was a nifty way of hooking computers together and
turned it into an incredible way to hook people together. In short, the
"killer app".

Bluetooth is still waiting for the killer app. I think as ubiquitous
computing continues to grow (everything will have computers
embedded...everything) the ability to form networks on the fly will be
needed. But I digress from airplanes...