Old March 1st 17, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default EASA licence and insurance

My experience has been as follows:

In Australia, my US license was not valid to fly an Australian
registered powered aircraft. I was told that I could fly a US
registered aircraft (if I could find one) or take a written test on
Australian rules and a check ride to get an Australian license. No
license was required to fly a glider. After being signed off by a GFA
instructor, I was allowed to carry passengers in an Australian
registered glider.

When I bought my Stemme in Mexico, I was not allowed to fly it as pilot
in command within Mexico with my US license and had to hire a Mexican
pilot to get me across the border. After that, I was legal in the US to
fly the Mexican registered aircraft until I was able to get it
registered in the US.

On 2/28/2017 3:16 PM, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 5:00:05 PM UTC-5, pete purdie wrote:
Two countries divided by a common language, Dave. Actually, in thgis
context 'competent' doesn't mean they know what they are doing, it's Euro
bureaucrat speak for an official body - not one that knows what they are
talking about.

I'm well aware...

--
Dan, 5J