Old December 16th 04, 10:58 AM
John Giddy

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 04:05:33 GMT, Bill Daniels wrote:

"joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am wondering what is involved with trailering and setting up an
average (popular model) glider. Can one reasonable expect to park the
car, unload the trailer, and have glider ready to fly in under
90minutes?

A lot of people can do it alone under 30 minutes with simple assembly aids.

Does it usually take two people?

Not always, but it can help.

Do gliders ever have wings separate in flight due to weak attachment

points?

If the wings ever separate, it won't be at the attachment points. At least,
I've never heard of it.

Bill Daniels

Bill,
Wasn't there a fatal just a few years ago where one of the wing pins
in a DGsomething came out because the safety latch became
delaminated from the inside of the fuselage? Wing flexure in rough
conditions caused the pin to work out, as I remember.
John G.