Old October 21st 19, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Notice of changes to IGC-approval levels of 11 types of FlightRecorder to take place on 1 January 2020

On Monday, October 21, 2019 at 11:58:08 AM UTC-5, Dan Daly wrote:

Having FLARM/PowerFLARM - the most common FRs - not eligible for Distance Diplomas is problematic.

Dan
a club Senior Official Observer

Yep. I remember being an early adopter of PowerFLARM in the US (placing my order and money long before anything got here) because I was told it WOULD be approved for "all badges, all records, all levels". I was more than a little disappointed when I found out it wasn't. But, life moves on.

Steve Leonard