Old May 2nd 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Old pilots+insurance

I'm 71 and have been with Avemco for two years. I pay about $1,500 per
year for
1 million/300k liability and 70k hull on my Archer. I had 1 million
smooth with AIG before that for about the same price. At 70, AIG would
not qoute anything higher than
1 million/100k. The idea of staying with one company as you age
probably has some value. I found Avemco to be the most flexable.

Chuck

Tri-Pacer wrote:
What are you older chaps paying for insurance?

I just turned 68 and am wonder if I'm going to have a hard time getting
insurance in a year or two.
I have a pretty simple plane (Tri-Pacer) and at the moment insurance is
quite affordable. However I've heard some rumors that the insurance industry
is trying to force us old farts out of the air.

If anyone has had their insurance jump up as a matter of age, I'd be
interested in knowing what age triggered the increase.

I've been flying since I soloed in 54 and got my private in 55 so I'd kinda
hate being grounded by insurance.

Thanks

Paul
N1431A