Old January 11th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Matt Whiting

Default Gone West...

Dudley Henriques wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
news
Dudley Henriques wrote:

"houstondan" wrote in message
egroups.com...

aerobatics in a cessna or citabria-type ship are much more elegant.
ain't no snappin a 30-foot wingspan on a little light craft like that.

dan

Actually, snaps are very good in both the Citabria and the Aerobat and
represent their "best" capability in the acro environment. It's the roll
rate that's the "problem" with these two airplanes. The drag in roll is
so great you need a disproportionate amount of vertical space to execute
anything in roll that even comes close to looking good. But if you learn
to use the airplanes correctly in that environment, you can at least make
it look "passable" :-)
Dudley Henriques

Bob Hoover made a Shrike look pretty good ... at least to my eye! :-)

Matt

You're right. Bob's speciality is "smooth" acro. In all the many years I've
watched and known him, I"ve never seen anyone quite as smooth with an
airplane as he has been.
Dudley Henriques

I've only seen him twice "in person", but he sure made it look easy.
I'd kill for half of his skill.

Matt