Old December 6th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Default Tax bill of $26,000 for flying into US state of Maine?

Anyone else read the latest story in today's AvWebFlash's email newsletter
about the Massachusetts based pilot who flew his Cirrus several times into
Maine and unexpectedly received a Maine "use tax" bill of over $26,000?

Must GA Pilots Stay Out Of Maine? (story about half-way down):
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196716

That's just insane. I am an Angel Flight pilot for Angel Flight Northeast and
this story makes me think twice about accepting any missions into or out of
the state of Maine.

--
Peter