Old December 6th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BillC85

Default Tax bill of $26,000 for flying into US state of Maine?

The Maine Pols either didn't think it through (imagine that) before they
enacted the tax or they actively want to discourage travel into Maine.

What other folks (trucking, shipping, car rental, etc.) would you suppose
this impacts?

In the meantime I guess I would refuse any Angel Flight requests into Maine
and make sure the requestor understands why.

BillC

"Peter R." wrote in message
Anyone else read the latest story in today's AvWebFlash's email newsletter
about the Massachusetts based pilot who flew his Cirrus several times into
Maine and unexpectedly received a Maine "use tax" bill of over $26,000?

Must GA Pilots Stay Out Of Maine? (story about half-way down):
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196716

That's just insane. I am an Angel Flight pilot for Angel Flight Northeast
and
this story makes me think twice about accepting any missions into or out
of
the state of Maine.

--
Peter