Old August 6th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default The Wright motor for the job - WAS: 13 horsepower

"wright1902glider" wrote

I had on several occasions considered adding simple landing gear and
"power struts" to my glider. These would be a composed of a 31cc
Royobi weedwhacker engines driving a 14-16" model airplane props

You will probably find the props you mentioned will be too small for that
engine, at least they are for my engine.

Ideally, you would probably want a custom prop in something like 24 x 2, or
24 x 3, or perhaps even bigger. At the speeds you will be going, the bigger
and more flat pitch will perform better.

For a relatively slow RC trainer ship, I have found an 18 x 6 cut down to
around 17 1/4" worked best for that engine.

I hope you pursue your idea. It would be very un-historical, but very
hysterical!
--
Jim in NC