Old February 3rd 15, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default iGlide

Yes, I use iGlide Pro. My Butterfly Vario sends me the NMEA data via WiFi, along with real-time wind data. Other iGlide users at my club get the NMEA data from the iPhone itself. I use the Air Avionics maps, but my airspace and contest turnpoints come from World Wide Turnpoint Exchange (iGlide uses OpenAir txt files for airspace, and cup or dat files for turn points).

-John, Q3

On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 3:38:20 PM UTC-5, ben wrote:
Your experience is with iGlide Pro? What instrument generates your NMEA data and how do get it to the iPhone? Are you dependent on Air Avionics for maps, airspace, and contest turnpoint lists?