Old February 3rd 15, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default iGlide

Use it, love it. Have used it now for almost 2 years (Pro). When I first used it, I was surprised that it did not offer statute miles (US contests)! I asked fr them to add that and they put out an update within a week that solved the problem. As I don't have the butterfly vario, I have not experience the totally integrated system. I imagine the Bluetooth connect works well. The IGlide UI is far more intuitive than Oudie or XCSoar. Apple is very strong and the app uses the basic OS standards. Pinch to zoom, etc. The sunlight readability of an iPhone is not great but a simple change of angle in my hand and the problem is quickly solved. Direct sunlight on a fixed mount...your either going to have to move your head or take it off the mount to see it. I use it exclusively for cross country around home and when not flying a task. In contests I use it as a backup (along with Oudie).. I have always found it much easier to work out various possible combinations of turnpoints in a MAT. The TAT functions in Pro are very good and easy to use. Changing the target in the turn area and recalculating the finish time is fairly easy and reasonably accurate. The price is high and XC soar is very, very good. Apples to apples I would probably say take XC soar for free. But it really comes down to iPhone/Android. If your an Apple person and have 200? bucks laying around, it is an excellent, well supported app. If your not doing contests, or don't have $200 handy, skip Pro and buy the less expensive version. You can always upgrade later in seconds.

I don't like Oudie's but the work and Integrate nicely with my trustee SN10.. IGlide is much more fun to play with, view terrain, etc.