Old March 3rd 18, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Sun Ship Game on Youtube - Complete

Sadly, Gleb and his wife were killed in a car accident in Durango, CO in
2011.

On 3/3/2018 8:29 AM, gkemp wrote:
On Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 8:37:35 PM UTC-7, Mike C wrote:
I think Gleb still lives in Durango Colorado.

He and his wife, for a long time, ran a jewlery store there, and for a
while Gleb was active in their soaring club, giving instruction.

To add to his online RAS resume, Gleb was also a top fashion
photographer in NYC, his ex-wife Ruth, a fashion model. And for those
who remember, was the guy who shot the Alka Seltzer "On the Rocks"
commercial.

On Sep 8, 9:15Â*pm, Whiskey Delta wrote:
Most of us know more about George Moffat and what his life in soaring
was like after the Marfa Nationals, but what became of Gleb
Derujinsky? Â*Other than what we know from the movie, does anyone know
what Gleb went on to do? Â*Did he continue to soar? Â*Is he still
flying?

WD

one of my great pleasures in gliding was to fly in the 3rd Standard Nationals at Marfa in 1972. I was flying the only metal glider a 1-34, actually had pilots laugh at me for doing that. On one day as we were leaving the Marfa area on task Gleb dumped his water on me in a weak thermal. I continued on and eventually beat him home, he was flying a Standard Cirrus I believe. I finished 38 of 62 beating 23 glass ships. Gleb was truly a "character" and I will always remember his larger than life persona.

gary kemp

--
Dan, 5J