Old April 15th 18, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default DG-100 vs Std Libelle - opinions wanted

Just can't let this go by. Our 201 Libelle was my first glass experience. I flew it for many years, including numerous XC and contest flights and for up to 8 hrs. Was always very comfortable, even with a bulky Navy surplus chute. I'm thin, but also 6'3". Ours had the tall canopy. I could not get in it with a short canopy.

Anyone shopping for a glider should do the research, yes, but that includes getting in the cockpits yourself.

Chip Bearden