Old August 17th 18, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Again!

You're right about the lift!Â* One gloomy winter's day back in the 80s
when I was new to gliding and was the only glider up, I climbed over a
burning trash dump.Â* The lift was there, but the smell was, too.

Two weeks ago, enroute from Tucson to Montrose, CO in my Stemme, I was
offered an IFR climb to clear a fire TFR.Â* I'm current on instruments
and the Stemme has a Dynon D10a, but the ship is not IFR certified so I
declined and went around.

On 8/17/2018 6:59 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 6:24:50 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Thank you, Charlie, for adding a little chuckle to this bitching thread.

My gripe is about all the TFRs out west due to wild fires.Â* The
visibility absolutely sucks, only about 40 miles.Â* How can any body fly
through such muck? :-D

But ooooooh, the lift!

Jim Beckman

--