Old December 13th 19, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Golf Carts - gas or electric?

Electric is the only way to go. I am the golf cart manager for SCOH. We have five EZGO 36 volt and a number privately owned by club members. The old style Series motor are the best for towing things. Batteries should last five years if properly cared for. Set of batteries (I reccomend 235 amp hour) costs $700 to $800. We have gotten all of our carts in the $1,500 range. They are all 15 to 20 years old and run fine as long as you have someone with knowledge to keep them going.

BV