Old April 12th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Murdock

Default Backup attitude indicator on older Cirrus

Eric,

If you look at the Cirrus web site (http://www.cirrusdesign.com), you can
find pictures of Cirrus panels with PFDs.

On those panels, they mount a full size backup attitude indicator in the
padded bolster below the instrument panel.

Also, as far as I know, every pre-PFD Cirrus was delivered with an HSI, not
a DG. Some had a Century HSI, others had a Sandel 3308 EHSI.

Regards,

-Mike

wrote in message
Has anyone seen an installation of a backup attitude indicator in an
older Cirrus without the PFD? Every panel I've seen has the same
layout, and there doesn't appear to be any extra space. It looks like
an HSI could be installed and the space for the CDI/Glideslope could
be used for an attitude indicator, but I haven't seen this done.

Thanks,
Eric Bartsch
1959 Pilatus P-3 A-848