Old March 13th 04, 04:52 PM
bryan chaisone

(pacplyer) wrote in message . com...
If you ditched in a river or bailed out: Every
peasant with a sharp piece of bamboo who saw you for miles around
would start making their way toward you to get in on the torture.

PAC,

My granfather hid a two downed airmen and walked them to safety in
Thailand. He was not political. He didn't care that the lands were
being bombed by the US. He wanted no part of the bloodshed and he
wished the war would end soon. He lived through the occupation of the
Japanese, the French...etc. He just wanted peace.

Human life in SE asia to this very day just does not have any value.
The price of a human life in the Philippines now is about $1,500.00.
USD. That is what you are expected to pay the relatives if you kill
one of their family members drinking and driving out there (according
to the Auzzie ex-pats who have experienced this first hand.) And
that's it. Everybody's happy. No trial, no problem. Please hit
another one of my family members, I need the money... You had to
live there to really experience the indifference. A bus rolls down
the embankment with 30 pluss people in it every few months in Bagio.
Nobody cares. Bald tires? One lane mud road? Driver on uppers?
Nobody cares. I don't even want to know what happened to downed AA
guys in Laos or Cambodia. "Pol Pot's family taught me this? hold
still?" Sweet Jumping Jesus?

People do care, some may not, but majority do care. Noone wants to
loose their loved ones for any amount of money. There are people here
in the US just like anywhere in the rest of the world that would kill
their own mother for a dollar. As poor as those people are, they do
care. They are not happy with $1,500.00, but they make the best of
the situation. If they had a choice, they would demand more or not
loose their loved ones at all.

I don't think you really mean what you say above. Do you? If you
hang around bars in the Philipines or in Thailand, you will most
likely meet the lowest form of human beings in those countries. If
you go to the temples during celebrations or to the towns festivals
during holiday celebrations, you will meet nicer people than bar
people, people who have hopes and dreams for their family, people who
have not given up on life. You will see that people do value life and
live to enjoy life and further their family's happiness and well
being. You will see people rich with culture and tradition, who love
their families and their way of life. You know the story about the
three blind men and the elephant?

Bryan "the monk" Chaisone