Old April 4th 14, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom (2NO)

Default Draft Rule Change could effect S-LSA, E-LSA, and Experimental Gliders

The concern for me with S-LSA aircraft is the stricter material conformity and how are they going to check this with the manufacturers. (I don't know the answer)

Jim, the Phoenix (which is on my "next aircraft" list) has a tow hook option. Currently can you tow in the US with it? In Appendix C of the draft it prohibits towing with S-LSA aircraft.

As someone who had "pre and post moratorium" jets, non-TSO-ed, and experimental aircraft I am always concerned with changes to the rules as the FAA has done some crazy things in the past. I feel that the LSA market will be the savior of GA and do not want anything to limit this potentioal.