Old April 24th 04, 06:15 PM
F.L. Whiteley

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
F.L. Whiteley wrote:
Come to Richland some time. I can't over exaggerate the convenience of
noticing the cu building in mid-morning and leaving work at lunch to
go play for the rest of the day.

Drove through there twice earlier this week on a road trip to deliver a
glider to Cle Elum. Monday afternoon (early) looked pretty good for

April
though the high stuff was coming in pretty quickly.

It was OK even under the overcast. I flew from Richland to 5 miles east
of Cle Elum, then to Wenatchee, and finally back home across the Yakima
Firing Range, which was active, but to only 5000 feet (a rare treat, as
the bullets, A-10s, and other activities usually consume 18000 feet).
Three other motorgliders also flew.

I wondered a bit about the Yakima range area, so it's a live fire area.

Also figured if it was a good as it looked you guys might be up there. Left
my handheld at home though;^) Sounds like a pretty good romp.

Frank