Old April 20th 06, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Painting aluminum glider trailer

Exactly correct! The best thing to do is buff it to a mirror shine as
that will reduce the thermal absorption. Do this inside as well as
outside if you want maximum results. Doing the inside will reduce the
amount of radiated heat that goes from the inside surface directly to
the glider. Just like Techshield plywood roof decking.

Stefan wrote:
John Murphy wrote:

I have a 20+ year old trailer for my G102. Presently, its bare sheet
aluminum. I want to paint it white to reduce the amount of heat
absorbed by the trailer skin.

Clear reflective metal absorbs less heat than any paint, even white.

Stefan