Old September 19th 10, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default How high can you fly?

On Sep 18, 2:40*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Mark wrote:
Ok, it's the year 2016. You are in a little Cessna 150.
You're plane isn't pressurized because it will implode,

Explode, not implode. Unless it is an underwater submersible?

so you're wearing a pressurized body suit. You have
an oxygen mask. You plane is powered by a very
powerful brushless electric motor supplied by a 20lb
carbon nanotube source that is basically limitless.

Your claims are absurd.

Ok, yes I'm just conceptualizing to paint my hypothetical
picture, and indiscriminately pulled out a number of 20lbs.,
and posters such as "a" have already explained the
parameters that must be analyzed to do the math. But
I keep running across new technologies and it takes time
to come up with hard data and numbers that would allow
me or anyone else to tell you what the new batteries
weigh or what their energy density and durations are.

I have however had them described to me in general
terms and you know what? 1) it's exciting 2) few people
have a clue what is on the horizon 3) the impetus has
already swung in this direction and lastly 4) we really
have no choice afa worldwide auto application goes.
5) I think most pilots would rather fly without vibration.

---
Mark