Old September 4th 16, 11:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default New Zealand soaring movie

On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 16:34:56 -0700, Bruce Hoult wrote:

I think it was shot all over the place! Many of the early gliding scenes
look to be along the side of the Remarkables, with Lake Wakatipu in the
background and even one or two glimpses of Queenstown.

Other scenes are obviously shot at Omarama, including the interview with
Ray Lynskey with the Buscott ridge and Mt Benmore in the background.

I thought some hills looked vaguely familiar.

I asked because I was trying to work out where the flight to Milford
Sound was supposed to have started.

I've never flown there, but the aerotow practice and first solo look to
me like Te Anau. I'm not entirely sure what strip they're using, but I
think quite possibly a now defunct one he

OK - at the start I was also looking to see if any of the historic clips
were taken on the original club strip at Omarama but didn't see any.

I believe the changes of clothing and hats are intended to artistically
indicate the passing of the months :-)

Fair enough, and I did notice one or two faces got older in the course of
the film.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK