Old January 31st 05, 12:57 PM
Denny

Same deal here in Michigan... Between the 'annual' taking 7 weeks,
followed by 3 weeks of absolutely scum weather on the few days I had
time to fly - below zero, winter storms, etc. - it finally improved
briefly Friday and Saturday... Sunday, had mist blowing off Lake
Michigan with a North East wind, and 1500 foot ceilings and brief
periods of near zero-zero (I flew a bit anyway... So, the Hobbs shows
ten hours for the three day period... Interestingly, Saginaw Bay is
iced over and there are thousands of people out on the ice, fishing,
snow mobiling, etc.. As every year, there are a few who manage to
either break through the ice, or drive ten miles offshore to the very
edge of the ice shelf and hang around until their slab pulls loose and
starts heading for Canada and the Coast Guard has to go fetch them...
Sunday, the wind was onshore, so I didn't see any floes headed for the
northwest passage bearing ice shanties, et. al...

Late Saturday afternoon I got a plaintive call from the wife - Are you
still alive? I was, so she insisted we go to dinner, (and I had been
thinking of night flying, which some of the other guys on the field did
until midnight, and then started a barbeque that lasted until 4am)
Denny