Old July 29th 14, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

Default TE probe?

On 7/28/2014 5:22 PM, Renny wrote:
Judicious snips...
Anyone have any ideas why the TE probe is on the left tip of the
horizontal stab of the just announced JS-1 EVO?

Don't think that probes in that tailplane location would survive long on
a typical gliding airfield.

John Galloway

Agree....Well at least you will not bend it or break it when you put on or
take off the tail dolly. Now, I realize the end is pointed skyward, but I
sure hope that it's not at the height that it could poke someone in the
eye....

Santa: And what do YOU want for Christmas, glider boy?

A: (Big breath...)
I-wanna-JS-1-EVO-18-meter-sailplane-with-the-shiny-silver-TE-probe-on-the-left-tip-of-the-horizontal-stab!!!

Santa: (Pause...) You'll poke your eye out, kid!

Note: Understanding of the above will be improved by previous experience of
Christmas in the U.S.