Old January 9th 15, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

Default FAI GP South Africa 2015

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 2:31:52 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
I would definitely fly a USA/North American GP - so long as I could find a competitive glider to borrow/rent. Yes, my means keep me stuck in Club Class :-( , but my ambitions are high :-)

You know, there is mostly NOTHING but $$$'s stopping interested US pilots from going overseas and competing for spots in the WGP Finals. It amazes me that more US pilots, with their more pricey ships and rv's, don't do this. Simply Amazing to me!

And yes, it is True Racing - pilot vs. pilot, machine vs. machine, same course, same time.

Tim McAllister EY
2005 1st WGP Final St. Auban, France
2006 GP Qualifier Serpuhkov, Russia
2007 2nd WGP Final Omarama, New Zealand

On Sunday, January 4, 2015 4:57:09 PM UTC-6, Sean Fidler wrote:
Sailplane Grand Prix is the best sailplane racing. The ultimate test of cross country skill. The same course at the same time, same gliders (within 1% except the Diana 2 :-)). No excuses. Certainly not for everybody.

Its sad the U.S./SSA doesn't participate.

If we ran a qualifier in the USA, who would participate (15m)?

PM me please.

Sean

Sean, you can use the same exact comments as tim from me!