Old February 1st 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Barnyard BOb

Default Bose vs. Lightspeed

When the battery
gets low enough, I start getting a "chirping" in the earphones and the light
flashes red. The battery is pretty low at that point, though. I've got the old
version without the compatibility with panel power. The Denali is pretty low
profile, which might explain its lower sensitivity to wind-driven effects.

The only drawback to the Denali was the color choices...yellow or blue. Neither
goes well with my airplane. Life is Hell. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My Flightcom 6ANX headset is the 'daddy' to the Denali....
and a respectable gray/black. The outrageous yellow and
blue colors were a small factor in me NOT upgrading.

Being a penny pincher, my solution many years ago was to invest
in 9 volt Ratshack Nickel-Metal Hydride RECHARGEABLES.
Although hardly cheap, I've not had to buy more batteries
in close to a decade.They paid for themselves in a month.
Perhaps you are doing likewise.

P.S.
If there is any way to leave the headset switch on, I will.
After 36 hours or so, it's definitely time for a fre$h battery.
Auto $hutoff $ure would be nice.

- Barnyard BOb -
More than a half century of flight.