Old May 4th 05, 07:22 AM
Jay Beckman

"roger" wrote in message

Marco Leon wrote:
I happened to have called them for prices two weeks back. For a
three-hour
package including preflight and debrief with 1 hour's flight time it
will
run just under $3,000. That and a flight in an L-39 is on my list of
things
to do before I die.

Marco Leon

You can fly both here in Perth, the flght over here may take you a
while though, but these guys offer flights in P51's, L39's, T-6's and
CJ-6A's.

http://www.fciwa.com/aircraft.html

Roger

Almost a PPL.....

--
roger

I got to do the T6 thing a couple years ago with an outfit called North
American Top Gun.

About a 40 min flight in the front seat (I had to handle the gear up/down)
with the leather helmet and a parachute strapped to my butt.

The GIB would demonstrate each maneuver while I'd shadow him on the controls
then I'd get to fly it. Last 15 minutes or so was all mine so I strung a
loop, an axial roll to the left and a barrel roll to the right together
followed by some nice steep wing-over-esque moves.

They had a camera mounted in the tail looking forward, a camera in the right
wing tip looking in and a camera on the glareshield looking right at my ugly
mug. The GIB would switch among them depending on which axis was
predominate (Wing Cam for loops, Tail Cam for rolls, etc...) then cut to the
Face Cam for reactions.

I digitized the best parts (where the tape hadn't been G-Forced off the
recording heads) and cut it down to a managable 2:30 or so to Van Halen's
"Dreams" (The Blue Angels song...)

If I can find the time to smash it down into a windows media file (It's an
uncompressed .avi file right now...) maybe I'll offer it to Jay H for his
website.

Wish I'd been doing my pilot training back then, would have loved to have
logged it (would it be too late now?)

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ